Extreme care must be taken when working with wind fallen/damaged trees. They may be unstable with the risk of crushing for people involved in cutting and removing them.
The following links provide practical advice. If in doubt consult professional contractors.
- Chainsaws at work - source HSE
- AFAG publications - source HSE
- Using petrol-driven chainsaws - source ukfisa.com
- Basic chainsaw felling and manual takedown - source ukfisa.co
- Chainsaw snedding - source ukfisa.com
- Chainsaw cross-cutting and manual stacking - source ukfisa.com
- Chainsaw clearance of windblow - source ukfisa.com
- Chainsaw felling of large trees - source ukfisa.com
For more information see HSENI's website or contact HSENI's helpline on 0800 0320 121
- Health and Safety Executive Northern Ireland Annual Report and Accounts 2019-2020 04 March 2021
- How to create a Unique Formula Identifier (UFI) - Chemicals 02 March 2021
- EU public consultation: Derogation to the exclusion criteria - Creosote 23 February 2021
- Employer guidance for employees who have to self-isolate due to Covid-19 03 February 2021