Extreme care must be taken when working with wind fallen/damaged trees. They may be unstable with the risk of crushing for people involved in cutting and removing them.
The following links provide practical advice. If in doubt consult professional contractors.
- Chainsaws at work - source HSE
- AFAG publications - source HSE
- Using petrol-driven chainsaws - source ukfisa.com
- Basic chainsaw felling and manual takedown - source ukfisa.co
- Chainsaw snedding - source ukfisa.com
- Chainsaw cross-cutting and manual stacking - source ukfisa.com
- Chainsaw clearance of windblow - source ukfisa.com
- Chainsaw felling of large trees - source ukfisa.com
For more information see HSENI's website or contact HSENI's helpline on 0800 0320 121
- Latest chemicals news for Northern Ireland - updated 25 May 2023 25 May 2023
- Essential Maintenance 25 May 2023
- Death of a patient at Mid Ulster Hospital leads to prosecution of Health Trust 27 April 2023
- Belfast landlord fined for breaches of gas safety regulations and failure to comply with an Improvement Notice 25 April 2023