Extreme care must be taken when working with wind fallen/damaged trees. They may be unstable with the risk of crushing for people involved in cutting and removing them.
The following links provide practical advice. If in doubt consult professional contractors.
- Chainsaws at work - source HSE
- AFAG publications - source HSE
- Using petrol-driven chainsaws - source ukfisa.com
- Basic chainsaw felling and manual takedown - source ukfisa.co
- Chainsaw snedding - source ukfisa.com
- Chainsaw cross-cutting and manual stacking - source ukfisa.com
- Chainsaw clearance of windblow - source ukfisa.com
- Chainsaw felling of large trees - source ukfisa.com
For more information see HSENI's website or contact HSENI's helpline on 0800 0320 121
- HSENI and Farm Safety Partnership launches Farm Safety Survey - Reminder 13 February 2019
- Welding fume reclassified as carcinogenic 11 February 2019
- Chemicals EU Exit Stakeholders Event 07 February 2019
- Chemicals EU Exit Stakeholder Event 01 February 2019