Extreme care must be taken when working with wind fallen/damaged trees. They may be unstable with the risk of crushing for people involved in cutting and removing them.
The following links provide practical advice. If in doubt consult professional contractors.
- Chainsaws at work - source HSE
- AFAG publications - source HSE
- Using petrol-driven chainsaws - source ukfisa.com
- Basic chainsaw felling and manual takedown - source ukfisa.co
- Chainsaw snedding - source ukfisa.com
- Chainsaw cross-cutting and manual stacking - source ukfisa.com
- Chainsaw clearance of windblow - source ukfisa.com
- Chainsaw felling of large trees - source ukfisa.com
For more information see HSENI's website or contact HSENI's helpline on 0800 0320 121
- HSENI is calling on employers to effectively manage work-related stress 10 October 2019
- Co. Antrim firm fined after employee loses arm 07 October 2019
- New Health and Safety Regulations 27 September 2019
- Co. Antrim firm fined after two people received serious injuries 25 September 2019