Extreme care must be taken when working with wind fallen/damaged trees. They may be unstable with the risk of crushing for people involved in cutting and removing them.
The following links provide practical advice. If in doubt consult professional contractors.
- Chainsaws at work - source HSE
- AFAG publications - source HSE
- Using petrol-driven chainsaws - source ukfisa.com
- Basic chainsaw felling and manual takedown - source ukfisa.co
- Chainsaw snedding - source ukfisa.com
- Chainsaw cross-cutting and manual stacking - source ukfisa.com
- Chainsaw clearance of windblow - source ukfisa.com
- Chainsaw felling of large trees - source ukfisa.com
For more information see HSENI's website or contact HSENI's helpline on 0800 0320 121
- Farmers - take extra care when mixing slurry 22 January 2020
- Publication of new Workplace Exposure Limits 17 January 2020
- Avoid Harm on the Farm Child Safety 2020 calendar launch 07 January 2020
- Co. Antrim firm fined after employee sustains serious injuries 20 December 2019