Extreme care must be taken when working with wind fallen/damaged trees. They may be unstable with the risk of crushing for people involved in cutting and removing them.
The following links provide practical advice. If in doubt consult professional contractors.
- Chainsaws at work - source HSE
- AFAG publications - source HSE
- Using petrol-driven chainsaws - source ukfisa.com
- Basic chainsaw felling and manual takedown - source ukfisa.co
- Chainsaw snedding - source ukfisa.com
- Chainsaw cross-cutting and manual stacking - source ukfisa.com
- Chainsaw clearance of windblow - source ukfisa.com
- Chainsaw felling of large trees - source ukfisa.com
For more information see HSENI's website or contact HSENI's helpline on 0800 0320 121
- Child farm safety calendar launched for rural schools across Northern Ireland 04 December 2023
- Farm Safety Partnership welcomes new Affiliate member 24 November 2023
- Health and Safety Executive to step up inspection in haulage and logistics sector 20 November 2023
- Agricultural contractors urged to consider workplace transport safety 17 November 2023