Extreme care must be taken when working with wind fallen/damaged trees. They may be unstable with the risk of crushing for people involved in cutting and removing them.
The following links provide practical advice. If in doubt consult professional contractors.
- Chainsaws at work - source HSE
- AFAG publications - source HSE
- Using petrol-driven chainsaws - source ukfisa.com
- Basic chainsaw felling and manual takedown - source ukfisa.co
- Chainsaw snedding - source ukfisa.com
- Chainsaw cross-cutting and manual stacking - source ukfisa.com
- Chainsaw clearance of windblow - source ukfisa.com
- Chainsaw felling of large trees - source ukfisa.com
For more information see HSENI's website or contact HSENI's helpline on 0800 0320 121
- News alert - website essential maintenance 31 March 2020
- HSENI COVID-19 Press Update - 30 March 2020 30 March 2020
- COVID-19 Safety Measures advice for businesses 27 March 2020
- Example risk assessment for COVID-19 in workplaces 26 March 2020