Extreme care must be taken when working with wind fallen/damaged trees. They may be unstable with the risk of crushing for people involved in cutting and removing them.
The following links provide practical advice. If in doubt consult professional contractors.
- Chainsaws at work - source HSE
- AFAG publications - source HSE
- Using petrol-driven chainsaws - source ukfisa.com
- Basic chainsaw felling and manual takedown - source ukfisa.co
- Chainsaw snedding - source ukfisa.com
- Chainsaw cross-cutting and manual stacking - source ukfisa.com
- Chainsaw clearance of windblow - source ukfisa.com
- Chainsaw felling of large trees - source ukfisa.com
For more information see HSENI's website or contact HSENI's helpline on 0800 0320 121
- Be Aware Kids Child Safety on Farms Poster Competition 2019 12 April 2019
- Lurgan company sentenced after death of employee 21 March 2019
- Gas Safe Register - a new 5 year service agreement 08 March 2019
- Welcome to the HSE export and import of hazardous chemicals (PIC) eBulletin 05 March 2019