It has been estimated that outdoor workers can have up to five to ten times more sun exposure than indoors workers and are at increased risk of developing skin cancer.
More information can be found at the following link:
However, it can be easily avoided.
For further information on how best to protect the skin from sun exposure whilst at work which includes “keeping your top on” refer to the following link:
Also, for information relating to Early Detection refer to:
- Skin protection from sun exposure when working outdoors
- Protect your skin leaflet
- No Time to Lose campaign - IOSH website
- Care in the sun - Public Health Agency website
- Staying safe in the sun - Cancer Focus NI website
- Seeing red – IOSH website
- Sunburn | nidirect
- Temperature and Work
- Sun, UV and cancer | Cancer Research UK