HSENI has updated the example workplace risk assessment which shows the kind of approach we would expect a small business or workplace to take when carrying out a risk assessment for Coronavirus (Covid-19).
Use it as a guide to think about:
- The additional hazard that Covid-19 introduces into your business
- the steps you need to take to control the risks.
View and download the example risk assessment at the link below:
A risk assessment is only effective if you and your staff act on it. You must follow through with any actions required and review it on a regular basis.
Don't just copy it and put your company name to it as that would not satisfy the law - and would not protect your employees. Every business is different - you need to think about the hazards and control measures your business needs to take to keep workers safe and healthy. The control measures you adopt may have to be different from those in the example to meet the particular conditions in your workplace.
You should ensure that you follow the latest advice from the Public Health Agency which is available at the following link and incorporate this information into your risk assessment:
- New COVID-19 Travel Advice 21 January 2021
- Emergency Essential Maintenance 20 January 2021
- 13 January 2021
- NEWS ALERT: Agriculture Contractors reminded to put safety at the top of their New Year’s Resolution List 06 January 2021