The Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland (HSENI) is warning farmers to take extreme care when working with bulls after two serious incidents were reported over the past 48 hours.
- work out an escape route or refuge before working with bulls
- use well-designed facilities
- regularly check and maintain facilities such as the crush, gates and fences
- turn your back on a bull or trust a bull
- Animals - safe working with livestock on farms
- Farmers - get help when working with animals
- Farmwise - your essential guide to health and safety in agriculture