The following HSE (GB) pages provide advice and information on work equipment and machinery for:
- Users - Source HSE(GB)
- Purchasers - Source HSE(GB)
- Installers - Source HSE(GB)
- Suppliers / Importers / Hirers - Source HSE(GB)
- Designers / Manufacturers - Source HSE(GB)
- Exhibitors - Source HSE(GB)
- Regulators - Source HSE(GB)
- Sellers of second hand products - Source HSE(GB)
Requirements for PUWER and LOLER
Select and install plant and equipment properly, use it carefully, and make sure it is maintained to meet the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations.
Lifting equipment and lifting operations are subject to additional requirements, including periodic thorough examination, by the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations.
By design and construction all work equipment must be safe and not give rise to risks to health when first placed on the market or put into service - manufacture & supply of work equipment.
- Are you buying farm machinery?
- Tyre maintenance
- Defective product
- Report an incident
- European Commission decisions
- Frequently asked questions
- PUWER, Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (NI) 1999
- LOLER, Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (NI) 1999
- Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations 2008
- Machinery Directive, 2006/42/EC
- Pesticide Application Amendment to Machinery Directive, 2009/127/EC
- EC No 765/2008 requirements for accreditation & market surveillance relating to the marketing of products
- Simple Pressure Vessels (Safety) Regulations
Please note that these links are to the original legislation, visitors should verify for themselves whether legislation is in force or whether it has been amended or repealed by subsequent legislation.