Minutes of the Senior Management Team (SMT) meeting held on Wednesday 8 January 2020 at 9:30am in Chief Executives Office, HSENI, 83 Ladas Drive, Belfast.
- R Kidd - Chair and Chief Executive
- L Burns - Deputy Chief Executive
- N Monson - Deputy Chief Executive
- B Monson - Deputy Chief Executive
There were no apologies.
2. Minutes of the previous meeting
The minutes of the last meeting were agreed.
3. Action points
The action point list was worked through. The key elements discussed were around the progress of the security review of the front reception area and the Body Worn Video policy was agreed and it was noted that field use could now commence.
4. Corporate Health, Safety and Welfare
Mention was made of blue light trauma resilience training.
5. Audit, Risk Management and Finance
A revised version of the Business Continuity Plan dated December 2019 was agreed by SMT. A finance year to date profile was given by L Burns.
SMT discussed a number of issues which currently exist on the HR agenda –
- the EO1 post in the legislation team is soon to be filled
- we are awaiting JEGS (review) assessment of the EO1 posts for notifications unit which is potentially going to be delayed due to NICS HR resources.
7. Case and Project Work
Major Investigation Team update
There was a general discussion on some of the longer running serious incidents.
Case Management System (CMS) update
The implementation work continues but is close to completion. Once final payment has been made the CMS project will come off the risk register as the main exercise will be completed. Internal Audit will be with us imminently to look at aspects of the CMS project which will assist with the Post Project Evaluation as it will offer an independent view.
8. 2019/20 Operating Plan
The plan is just being finalised with all inputs now in.
9. Performance Monitoring
There was a discussion around the key statistics. The numbers appear to be down for fatalities and serious injuries. It was noted that the numbers are small so changes cannot be immediately seen as a trend but would appear to be in the right direction.
10. Board Business
There was a short discussion on board issues and the upcoming session with the board and heads of group workshop at the end of January.
11. Any other business
There were several items –
- RQIA Memorandum of Understanding was discussed;
- Building opening hours – Premises Officer to contact G4S to remind them that the building closes at 6:15pm as security staff have been doing their rounds switching off lights shortly after 5:30pm.
12. Date of the next meeting
The next SMT meeting is planned for 5 February 2020.