New format available to report worker exposure and emissions of chromium trioxide.
The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) has published a format for downstream users in the plating and surface treatment industry to report the results of their monitoring programmes to ECHA.
The authorisation decisions require users to monitor worker exposure to chromium trioxide as well as emissions to wastewater and air from local exhaust ventilation.
The format is tailored for specific downstream users of chromium trioxide that operate under two authorisation decisions which can be viewed at the following links:
- Authorisation - C(2020)8797 by (CTACSub) - European Commission website
- Authorisation - C(2020)8735 by (REACHLaw Ltd) - European Commission website
The information will be submitted yearly and made available to the authorisation holders so they can validate their exposure scenarios and prepare possible review reports to apply for authorisation renewals. The first deadline is on 18 December 2021.
- Farm Safety Partnership welcomes new Affiliate member 24 November 2023
- Health and Safety Executive to step up inspection in haulage and logistics sector 20 November 2023
- Agricultural contractors urged to consider workplace transport safety 17 November 2023
- HSENI announces ‘Machinery guarding, safe isolation and maintenance’ inspection initiative across Northern Ireland Quarries 13 November 2023