New format available to report worker exposure and emissions of chromium trioxide.
The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) has published a format for downstream users in the plating and surface treatment industry to report the results of their monitoring programmes to ECHA.
The authorisation decisions require users to monitor worker exposure to chromium trioxide as well as emissions to wastewater and air from local exhaust ventilation.
The format is tailored for specific downstream users of chromium trioxide that operate under two authorisation decisions which can be viewed at the following links:
- Authorisation - C(2020)8797 by (CTACSub) - European Commission website
- Authorisation - C(2020)8735 by (REACHLaw Ltd) - European Commission website
The information will be submitted yearly and made available to the authorisation holders so they can validate their exposure scenarios and prepare possible review reports to apply for authorisation renewals. The first deadline is on 18 December 2021.
- HSENI launches Avoid Harm on the Farm poster competition 01 June 2023
- Latest chemicals news for Northern Ireland - updated 1 June 2023 01 June 2023
- Rural Support have launched a Farm Support Survey 31 May 2023
- Death of a patient at Mid Ulster Hospital leads to prosecution of Health Trust 27 April 2023