New format available to report worker exposure and emissions of chromium trioxide.
The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) has published a format for downstream users in the plating and surface treatment industry to report the results of their monitoring programmes to ECHA.
The authorisation decisions require users to monitor worker exposure to chromium trioxide as well as emissions to wastewater and air from local exhaust ventilation.
The format is tailored for specific downstream users of chromium trioxide that operate under two authorisation decisions which can be viewed at the following links:
- Authorisation - C(2020)8797 by (CTACSub) - European Commission website
- Authorisation - C(2020)8735 by (REACHLaw Ltd) - European Commission website
The information will be submitted yearly and made available to the authorisation holders so they can validate their exposure scenarios and prepare possible review reports to apply for authorisation renewals. The first deadline is on 18 December 2021.
- Armagh recycling company fined following health and safety failures 20 September 2021
- 09 September 2021
- Information on Northern Ireland Biocidal Products Regulation 03 September 2021
- Carriage of Dangerous Goods – New Multilateral Agreement 17 August 2021