HSENI and the Farm Safety Partnership (FSP) today launched a survey on Farm Safety aimed at raising farm safety awareness and protecting the lives and livelihoods of local farmers. Farm businesses have been randomly selected to participate in the survey to ensure a representative coverage.
The Farm Safety Partnership have developed this postal survey to gather information on the following issues: non-fatal accidents, farm work practises, areas of hazard and farm safety investments. The Partnership is asking farm businesses to help prevent deaths and serious injury on farms, by improving knowledge of the types of accidents and the reasons for them.
All the responses to the survey will be combined to be used for statistical and research purposes only. The results will assist the Farm Safety Partnership shape future training and advice to farmers, as well as helping to measure progress in reducing the number of accidents.
Harry Sinclair, chair of the Farm Safety Partnership, said: “Through this survey we want to understand the concerns and experiences of farmers, which will enable us to target our workload and help the farming community avoid daily accidents and stay as safe as possible.
“Farmers contribution to this survey is completely voluntary, but we are expecting a good response as farm safety awareness is high across the industry, and we are urging farmers to take responsibility for making sure they follow safe working practises at all times.
“I know that some in the farming community will have concerns about sharing information on health and safety issues, but I can assure everyone that the information received will be strictly confidential, and will help us robustly create a programme for future training purposes.”
Notes to editors:
- The Farm Safety Partnership will be issuing 8,030 questionnaires week commencing 28 January 2019.
- For media enquires please contact: HSENI Press Office on 028 9024 3249 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Be Aware Kids Child Safety on Farms Poster Competition 2019 12 April 2019
- Lurgan company sentenced after death of employee 21 March 2019
- Gas Safe Register - a new 5 year service agreement 08 March 2019
- Welcome to the HSE export and import of hazardous chemicals (PIC) eBulletin 05 March 2019