Safe Work in Confined Spaces (Third edition): Approved Code of Practice and Guidance and the Safe Use of Lifting Equipment (Second edition): Approved Code of Practice and Guidance.
In accordance with Article 18 of the Health and Safety at Work (Northern Ireland) Order 1978, the Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland, with the consent of the Department for the Economy, being the Department concerned, has:
- Approved the Health and Safety Executive Codes of Practice entitled:
Safe Work in Confined Spaces (Third edition, 2014, L101) - www.hse.gov.uk
Safe Use of Lifting Equipment (Second edition, 2014, L113) - www.hse.gov.uk
The Codes of Practice can be read across to give practical guidance on the Confined Spaces Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1999 and the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1999.
- Withdrawn its approval of the Codes of Practice entitled:
Safe Work in Confined Spaces in Northern Ireland (First edition, 1999) and the Safe Use of Lifting Equipment (First edition, 1998, L113).
These will be replaced by the revised publications.
The approval and withdrawals will come into effect on 21 March 2022.
- Latest chemicals news for Northern Ireland - updated 26 May 2022 26 May 2022
- Keep your children safe on your farms 11 May 2022
- Health and Safety Executive Northern Ireland Annual Report and Accounts 2020-2021 27 April 2022
- HSENI Safety Alert: Ear loop respirators/masks do not provide protection as tight fitting RPE 26 April 2022