The Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland is set to begin a series of telephone and virtual Agriculture Contractors advisory appointments focusing on how health and safety is currently managed whilst Contractors are on site.
The move to a virtual platform comes as a direct response to the unprecedented circumstances brought about as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Beginning this month HSENI is offering Agriculture Contractors the opportunity to speak with a Health and Safety business adviser by telephone or if preferred a video call can be organised using a virtual communication platform. HSENI can make all the necessary arrangements to set up either call.
HSENI Agriculture Principal Inspector Camilla Mackey said: “Over recent years our annual programme of advisory visits to Agricultural Contractors has been extremely well received and has attracted positive feedback. Here at HSENI we want to continue to drive the industry to improve their safety standards. Agricultural Contractors should have extremely robust controls in place to ensure the safety of themselves, their employees and the farmer and their family they are working for, there is no excuse for complacency.
“Despite the challenges we have all faced this year, HSENI is determined to continue this advisory programme for Agricultural Contractors.
“I would strongly encourage contractors working in the agricultural sector to take a few minutes to contact HSENI and arrange an appointment, you will find this an extremely useful experience.”
HSENI advisers will be proactively making contact with agriculture contractors over the coming months to offer this free service.
Agricultural contractors wishing to directly arrange an advisory call to discuss health and safety or who would like more information on our Agriculture Contractors Initiative, should contact Deirdre Goan on Tel – 077200 36472 or e-mail - email@example.com
Further information can be found on the HSENI website at:
Notes to editors:
1. The Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland (HSENI) is an Executive Non-Departmental Public Body, sponsored by the Department for the Economy (DfE).
2. HSENI is the lead body responsible for the promotion and enforcement of health and safety at work standards in Northern Ireland.
3. For media enquiries please contact: HSENI Press Office on 028 9024 3249, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For Out of Office Hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- HSENI announces its Waste Management Industry Student Ambassador Awards 29 April 2021
- Pregnancy and Coronavirus (Covid-19) in the workplace 27 April 2021
- Submitting chemicals information to the National Poisons Information Service 25 March 2021
- Ballymena company fined for corporate manslaughter and multiple health and safety offences 12 March 2021