The Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland will soon begin a series of Agriculture Contractors advisory visits to focus on how health and safety is currently managed.
HSENI are responsible for the promotion and enforcement of health and safety standards in the agriculture industry. Since 2017 we have had ongoing engagement with Agriculture Contractors throughout the province to raise the profile of health and safety in their work. The visits focus on how health and safety is currently managed as well as highlighting where changes (if any) are required to meet the minimum standard required by law and most importantly to keep everyone safe.
To date HSENI Advisers have visited over 30 Agriculture Contractors as part of this programme and these visits have been well received. One of the contractors, DJ McKay & Son from Co. Antrim said following our visit: “I found the HSENI advisory visit very useful. It has helped our business greatly and I would encourage all agricultural contractors to make use of this service.”
Urging Agriculture Contractors to make safety a priority, Malcolm Downey, Principal Inspector with the Agri-food team said: “Our advisers intend to carry out more visits over the coming months. I would strongly advise you to take up the opportunity to avail of this free and confidential advice as it will be of significant benefit to your business.
“You should also be aware that HSENI Inspectors intend to carry out a programme to inspect those Agriculture Contractors who do not avail of an advisory visit.”
Our advisers will be in contact with Agriculture Contractors in the near future to offer a visit. If you are an Agriculture Contractor and would like to make a specific appointment to arrange a visit for a date/time which is convenient for you, please contact Deirdre Goan on Tel - 028 8225 4759 or e-mail - email@example.com.
Notes to editors:
1. The Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland (HSENI) is an Executive Non-Departmental Public Body, sponsored by the Department for the Economy (DfE).
2. HSENI is the lead body responsible for the promotion and enforcement of health and safety at work standards in Northern Ireland.
3. For media enquiries please contact: HSENI Press Office on 028 9024 3249, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. For Out of Office Hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Publication of new Workplace Exposure Limits 17 January 2020
- Avoid Harm on the Farm Child Safety 2020 calendar launch 07 January 2020
- Co. Antrim firm fined after employee sustains serious injuries 20 December 2019
- Farmer and building contractor fined for safety failings 12 December 2019