The Workplace Health Leadership Group Northern Ireland (WHLGNI) has created a new web portal for employers to access information on occupational health, occupational hygiene and wellbeing.
Supported by the seven partners that form WHLGNI (IOSH, NI Safety Group, BuildHealth, BOHS, HSENI, PHA and the Local Councils) the site is designed, through a series of signposts, to get relevant workplace health information to readers quickly.
As well as showcasing the various current initiatives and campaigns the site features good practice case studies and videos, information and relevant links, the latest news and has a handy A – Z of workplace health.
Wilson Lambe, Chair of WHLGNI said: “There is a plethora of good information out there on workplace health but sometimes it can be difficult to navigate. We hope our portal will act like an index and guide viewers to the information they want quickly.”
Nikki Monson, HSENI Deputy Chief Executive, said: “The importance of effectively managing work related health should be recognised by all employers, alongside that of managing safety. Those at the forefront of doing this, understand that improvements in employee health are a win-win for all. This portal will certainly assist employers in finding the information they need to effectively manage workplace health in their own workforce.”
The site will also feature details of workplace health events taking place around the province. Please visit the website – www.whlgni.org.uk
Notes to editors:
1) The Workplace Health Leadership Group’s vision is to ensure that ‘Workplace Health’ receives the same recognition in the working environment as ‘Occupational Safety’, and to encourage employers to have a ‘healthy’ as well as a ‘safe’ culture. The Group is a partnership of likeminded organisations in the voluntary and statutory sectors intent on raising the profiles of occupational health, occupational hygiene, and wellness/health promotion and by doing this assist employers to manage workplace health risks.
2) For media enquiries please contact HSENI Press Office on 028 9024 3249 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
3) For our of office hours please contact the Duty Press officer on 028 9037 8110.
Photo - Back row (L - R) Susan Spence, Occupational Health Professional, HSENI, Wendy Beatty, Vice Chair, Buildhealth, Bryan Monson, Deputy Chief Executive, HSENI, Jennifer Parkinson, Local Councils, Janet Calvert, Workplace Health Lead, PHA (and front row) Nikki Monson, Deputy Chief Executive, HSENI, Wilson Lambe, Chair of WHLGNI & President NI Safety Group, Kyle Carrick, Principal Health and Safety Inspector, HSENI.
- Co. Antrim firm fined after death of man at work site 19 June 2019
- 10 June 2019
- Co. Londonderry firm fined after death of employee at quarry 31 May 2019
- WARNING!!!! SLURRY FUMES KILL!!!!!!! 31 May 2019