HSE (GB) has issued a safety notice after becoming aware of a number of fires on liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) powered forklift trucks and other similar vehicles that have occurred during starting.
The build-up of deposits in fuel systems, in particular, the vaporiser units of LPG powered vehicles has led to a number of fires.
- review your safe system of work in relation to the use of all LPG powered lift trucks and similar vehicles
- provide information, instruction and training for all operators about the hazards raised in the alert
- park LPG vehicles in well ventilated areas free from flammable material, particularly when parking overnight or for longer periods
Please click on the link below to view the full safety alert:
- Health and Safety advice during storms and bad weather 26 September 2023
- Latest chemicals news for Northern Ireland - updated 26 September 2023 25 September 2023
- Health and safety inspections of workplace transport management to increase in haulage and logistics sectors 18 September 2023
- Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland ‘Drive Danger Out’ campaign message to food industry 14 September 2023