HSENI has investigated three incidents in the last three weeks involving older farmers who have been injured when working with older tractors.
The tractors involved tend to be used infrequently and it is essential that these tractors are properly maintained. It is important that farmers follow the advice below:
- Make sure tractors are properly maintained - especially the foot and parking brakes
- Always apply the parking brake before leaving the tractor seat
- Only start a tractor when seated on the tractor seat, never when standing on the ground.
IT COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE!!
- Managing Workplace Health: Fit for Purpose 22 October 2019
- HSENI is calling on employers to effectively manage work-related stress 10 October 2019
- Co. Antrim firm fined after employee loses arm 07 October 2019
- New Health and Safety Regulations 27 September 2019