This site relates to the following industries:
- oil refining and petrochemicals
- paints and coatings
- compressed gases
- other general chemicals
The site does not cover the incidental use of chemicals in other places of work or the offshore oil and gas industry.
Seveso II directive
The European Commission has launched the second study in its review of the Seveso II Directive (96/82/EC), implemented in Northern Ireland through the Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2000.
Changes to chemical labelling - June 2015
Extensive information on this topic can be found on the HSE website - www.hse.gov.uk.
Chemical labels are changing - How will this affect you?
- HSENI Leaflet - COSHH (NI) A Brief Guide to the Regulations
- HSG 228 - CHIP for everyone (second edition) - Source HSE (GB)
- L005 Control of Substances Hazardous to Health - Approved for use in N.I. - Source HSE (GB)
- L130 The Compilation of Safety Data Sheets (Third edition) - Approved for use in N.I. - Source HSE (GB
- L131 Approved Classification and Labelling Guide (sixth edition) - Approved for use in N.I. - Source HSE (GB)
- NI ACOP - Code of Practice for Using Plant Protection Products
- Pesticide Incidents
- Pesticides (Non agricultural) - information sheet
- Report of a case of disease
- Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2000
- The Chemicals (Hazard Information and Packaging for Supply) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2009
Please note that these links are to the original legislation, visitors should verify for themselves whether legislation is in force or whether it has been amended or repealed by subsequent legislation.