Chairman of the Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland (HSENI) today launched the ‘Avoid Harm on the Farm’ child safety 2019 calendar.
The 2019 calendar will feature winning entries from this year’s child safety on farms poster competition. This year we had over 3,500 entries from 98 schools all over Northern Ireland who submitted entries. The launch took place at Broughshane Primary School in Co Antrim, where three of the winning entrants attend.
Speaking at the launch, Derek Martin, Chairman of HSENI said: “The annual HSENI child safety on farms poster competition is a great way for pupils across Northern Ireland to think about the daily dangers on a farm and the steps they can take to be safe on the farm. This year, once again, school children in rural primary schools have shown great artistic flair and it has not been an easy task for HSENI to choose the 12 entries for the calendar from over 3,500 entries.
“Additionally the calendar provides a useful daily planner for farming families and offers a reminder of farm safety messages throughout the year. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the pupils for their contribution in this competition.”
Along with HSENI, this year’s calendar has been co-sponsored by two of the Farm Safety Partnership (FSP) Affiliate Organisations, Dale Farm and the Northern Ireland Safety Group (NISG). As FSP Affiliates these organisations have pledged to use their position and resources to promote the farm safety message and HSENI is very grateful for their support.
For more information about child safety on farms please visit HSENI’s farm safety webpage: https://www.hseni.gov.uk/topic/farm-safety
2019 poster competition winners
Foundation 1st Prize - Robyn Gordon, Clough Primary School
Foundation 2nd Prize - Cuisle McKeown, Mary Queen of Peace PS
Foundation 3rd Prize - Cassie Kerr, Mary Queen of Peace PS
Key Stage 1 1st Prize - Sofia Steele, Broughshane Primary School
Key Stage 1 2nd Prize - Emma Sinclair, Hezlett Primary School
Key Stage 1 3rd Prize - Kallum Kinnear, Broughshane Primary School
Key Stage 2 1st Prize - Daniel Adams, Clough Primary School
Key Stage 2 2nd Prize - Leonie Harron, Irvinestown Primary School
Key Stage 2 3rd Prize - Poppy Millar, Broughshane Primary School
Special School 1st Prize - William McGrath, Beechlawn Special School
Special School 2nd Prize - Jordan Moore, Rossmar School
Special School 3rd Prize - Sally Grimason, Beechlawn Special School
Notes to editors:
- The 2019 child safety on farms calendar is available to view on the HSENI website by clicking here
- The 2019 child safety on farms competition was sponsored by the following Farm Safety Partnership (FSP) Affiliates:
- Dale Farm
- Northern Ireland Safety Group (NISG)
- For media enquiries please contact: HSENI Press Office on 028 9024 3249 or email email@example.com
- For out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- The Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland (HSENI) is an Executive Non-Departmental Public Body, sponsored by the Department for the Economy.
- Safety focus on forklift trucks 13 December 2018
- Asbestos Surveying Company fined after failing to identify asbestos 04 December 2018
- Chemical update on basis of a 'no deal' Brexit 16 November 2018
- Decrease of 31% in workplace deaths but number of serious injuries up 27% 13 November 2018