The Health and Safety Executive NI (HSENI) is reminding the construction industry in Northern Ireland that the 12 month transition period ends on 1 of August 2017.
For construction projects which started before 1 of August 2016, transition arrangements were put in place which included the continuing use of a CDM Co-Ordinator. This transition period lasted for 12 months.
By 1 of August 2017 you should:
- appoint a Principal Designer to replace the CDM Co-Ordinator
- update your NI10 notification with the new details and supply this to HSENI
For more information on the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (NI) 2016, please see our CDM article page:
- Stay safe with livestock 27 July 2017
- The Rise and Falls of Farm Safety 26 July 2017
- Putting Safety in the Driving Seat 25 July 2017
- The Pub Landlord Calls Time on Risk Taking in Farming for Farm Safety Week 2017 24 July 2017