The Health and Safety Executive NI (HSENI) is reminding the construction industry in Northern Ireland that the 12 month transition period ends on 1 of August 2017.
For construction projects which started before 1 of August 2016, transition arrangements were put in place which included the continuing use of a CDM Co-Ordinator. This transition period lasted for 12 months.
By 1 of August 2017 you should:
- appoint a Principal Designer to replace the CDM Co-Ordinator
- update your NI10 notification with the new details and supply this to HSENI
For more information on the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (NI) 2016, please see our CDM article page:
- The Farm Safety Partnership launches its new Action Plan 2017-2020 12 September 2017
- Co Antrim contractor fined for safety failings during lifting operation 12 September 2017
- Urgent Warning - NC 300 Series Power Tilt Dump trailer 30 August 2017
- New Health and Safety Regulations and withdrawal of Approved Code of Practice 16 August 2017