The Health and Safety Executive NI (HSENI) is reminding the construction industry in Northern Ireland that the 12 month transition period ends on 1 of August 2017.
For construction projects which started before 1 of August 2016, transition arrangements were put in place which included the continuing use of a CDM Co-Ordinator. This transition period lasted for 12 months.
By 1 of August 2017 you should:
- appoint a Principal Designer to replace the CDM Co-Ordinator
- update your NI10 notification with the new details and supply this to HSENI
For more information on the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (NI) 2016, please see our CDM article page:
- New Health and Safety Regulations 06 December 2017
- Avoid Harm on the Farm child safety 2018 calendar launch 04 December 2017
- County Tyrone farmer fined due to safety failings 31 October 2017
- Health and Safety advice in the aftermath of Storm Ophelia 17 October 2017