HSENI has produced an example risk assessment which shows the kind of approach HSENI expects a small business or workplace to take when carrying out a risk assessment for COVID-19 in the workplace.
Click on the link below to access the example risk assessment template:
Use it as a guide to think about:
- The additional hazard that COVID 19 introduces into your business
- the steps you need to take to control the risks.
Don't just copy it and put your company name to it as that would not satisfy the law - and would not protect your employees. Every business is different - you need to think about the hazards and control measures your business needs to take to keep workers safe and healthy. The control measures you adopt may have to be different from those in the example to meet the particular conditions in your workplace.
You should ensure that you follow the latest advice from the Public Health Agency which is available at the following link and incorporate this information into your risk assessment.
A risk assessment is only effective if you and your staff act on it. You must follow through with any actions required and review it on a regular basis.
- Child Farm Safety Competition - The theme for next week is Dangers from Falls and Falling Objects 10 July 2020
- Child Farm Safety Competition - This weeks theme is FARM ANIMALS 06 July 2020
- HSENI encouraging employers to participate in work-related stress advice webinars 01 July 2020
- Child Farm Safety Competition - This weeks theme is DANGERS FROM SLURRY 29 June 2020