HSENI has produced an example risk assessment which shows the kind of approach HSENI expects a small business or workplace to take when carrying out a risk assessment for COVID-19 in the workplace.
Click on the link below to access the example risk assessment template:
Use it as a guide to think about:
- The additional hazard that COVID 19 introduces into your business
- the steps you need to take to control the risks.
Don't just copy it and put your company name to it as that would not satisfy the law - and would not protect your employees. Every business is different - you need to think about the hazards and control measures your business needs to take to keep workers safe and healthy. The control measures you adopt may have to be different from those in the example to meet the particular conditions in your workplace.
You should ensure that you follow the latest advice from the Public Health Agency which is available at the following link and incorporate this information into your risk assessment.
A risk assessment is only effective if you and your staff act on it. You must follow through with any actions required and review it on a regular basis.
- Latest chemicals news for Northern Ireland - updated 26 May 2022 26 May 2022
- Keep your children safe on your farms 11 May 2022
- Health and Safety Executive Northern Ireland Annual Report and Accounts 2020-2021 27 April 2022
- HSENI Safety Alert: Ear loop respirators/masks do not provide protection as tight fitting RPE 26 April 2022