Dale Farm and Lantra have been awarded Farm Safety Partnership (FSP) Affiliate status and were today presented with their membership certificates.
FSP set up the Affiliate Scheme in 2016 and is part of the FSP’s commitment to encourage and recognise organisations who pledge to utilise their resources and expertise to improve farm safety. These organisations were awarded affiliate status to support the Farm Safety Partnership by working to raise the profile of farm safety in Northern Ireland.
The Farm Safety Partnership aims to increase awareness of farm safety and to reduce work-related fatalities and injuries on Northern Ireland's farms.
Through its multi-media farm safety campaign, 'Stop and Think SAFE', the partnership advises farmers to stop and think about the four main farm hazards: slurry, animals, falls and equipment (SAFE).
Current members of the Affiliate Scheme include:
- ABP Group
- AES UK & Ireland
- Autoline Insurance
- Danske Bank
- Girlguiding Ulster
- Glens of Antrim Potatoes
- IOSH NI
- Lakeland Dairies
- Livestock & Meat Commission NI
- Northern Health & Social Care Trust
- Northern Ireland Safety Group
- Power NI
- Rural Development Council NI
- Ulster University School of Nursing, Magee Campus
- Ulster Bank
Speaking at the presentation HSENI’s Chief Executive and FSP Chairman Keith Morrison said: “I am delighted to welcome another two affiliates – Lantra and Dale Farm - to the farm safety family. Through their commitment to keep farm safety at the forefront of their activities, Dale Farm, Lantra and all the other affiliates, are playing an essential role in helping to keep our farmers and their families safe.
It is only by working together that we will be able to reduce the number of deaths and serious injuries on Northern Ireland farms and I would encourage all stakeholders with a passion for farm safety to apply to join the affiliates scheme.”
Businesses or organisations operating in Northern Ireland can find out how to become a Farm Safety Partnership Affiliate Scheme on the HSENI website https://www.hseni.gov.uk/articles/farm-safety-partnership-affiliate-scheme
Notes to editors:
1. The Farm Safety Partnership comprises the Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland (HSENI), the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA), the Ulster Farmers’ Union (UFU), NFU Mutual (NFUM), the Young Farmers’ Clubs of Ulster (YFCU) and the Northern Ireland Agricultural Producers Association (NIAPA). It is tasked with assisting Northern Ireland’s farming community to work safely and tackle the problem of work-related fatalities and injuries on farms.
2. The Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland (HSENI) is an Executive Non-Departmental Public Body, sponsored by the Department for the Economy (DfE).
3. For media enquiries please contact: HSENI Press Office on: 028 9024 3249 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. For out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number: 076 9971 5440 and your call will be returned.
- Farm Safety Week - What good looks like 20 July 2018
- 10% of Air Ambulance call outs related to farm incidents 20 July 2018
- Farm Safety Week – Mental Wellbeing on the farmyard 19 July 2018
- Farm Safety Week – The Farm Safety Partnership View 18 July 2018