HSENI are responsible for the promotion and enforcement of health and safety standards on farms and we are planning to engage with agricultural contractors throughout the province in 2017 / 2018.
The first stage of this targeted programme is to offer agricultural contractors practical advice on the steps they need to take to keep people safe and to stay within the law. This will be done through a programme of advisory visits. These visits will be carried out by HSENI’s business advisers who will discuss with agriculture contractors areas such as -
- how they currently manage health and safety
- highlight where changes (if any) are required to meet the minimum standard required by law
- consider what improvements can be made (if any) to improve health and safety for the contractor, their employees and others
When arranging the visits, we are aware that agriculture contractors are generally very busy during late spring and over the summer months so we will avoid any visits during this period.
- NEW HEALTH AND SAFETY REGULATIONS 23 May 2019
- HSENI website Under Construction this weekend 20 May 2019
- Coping with the Pressures of Farming 16 May 2019
- HSENI are 'Keeping Farming Families Safe' at this year's Balmoral Show 13 May 2019