On Monday 27 January HSENI will begin a two week long programme of site inspections in the construction sector. ‘Construction Plant Accidents Are Preventable’ is our clear message to the industry during this year’s initiative.
All non-compliant plant, unsafe practices and inadequate segregation of pedestrians and vehicles on local building sites will be targeted during a drive aimed at reducing deaths and injuries within Northern Ireland’s construction industry.
During inspections, HSENI inspectors will focus their attention on the following key areas:
- Adequate pedestrian and vehicle segregation
- Plant inspections, Maintenance schedules and Thorough Examinations
- Site specific Risk Assessments for operating plant.
- Training for operating different types of plant
- Lap Belts
- Falling Object Protection Structures
- All round visibility
- Lifting Accessories
- Rollover Protection Structures.
For more information please see our Construction topic page
- Child Farm Safety Competition - This weeks theme is FARM ANIMALS 03 August 2020
- Child Farm Safety Competition - This weeks theme is DANGERS FROM SLURRY 27 July 2020
- Farm Safety Week - HSENI warns of dangers of agriculture on rural roads 24 July 2020
- Farm Safety Week - HSENI praises modern technology in the farming industry 23 July 2020