Ionising radiation

New Ionising Radiation Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2017 (IRRNI17) came into force on 1 January 2018 and replace the existing regulations (IRRNI2000). One of the biggest changes introduced by these revised Regulations is the introduction of a risk-based approach to telling HSENI of your work with ionising radiation. 

Online forms

Please use the following online forms to apply for notification, registration and consent for the work you do with ionising radiation:

For more detailed information on how to complete the above forms, please see the following link:


Related to Ionising radiation

Most recent news items

EU Exit Regulations

16 December 2020

Access to information

How to request information from the Health and Safety Executive Northern Ireland including Freedom of Information (FOI) and the use of our Publication Scheme.